Each year Minnesota Hockey offers scholarship awards to eligible, registered members of Minnesota Hockey. These scholarships can be used at any post high school institution and will be a one-time award that will not need to be repaid.
To be eligible for a Minnesota Hockey scholarship the applicant must be a resident of Minnesota, a senior student/athlete properly registered with and participating on a youth Junior Gold team or girl’s 19 & Under team of an affiliate association of Minnesota Hockey.
Application forms are available on the Minnesota Hockey website at www.minnesotahockey.org or from the Executive Director, Minnesota Hockey Scholarship Committee, 317 Washington Street, St. Paul, MN 55102. Or call 651-602-5727 for more information.
Along with the completed application you must submit the following information (incomplete applications will not be considered):
Scholarship applicants must meet the following academic criteria to be considered for a scholarship award.
1. Minimum GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 grading system;
2. Applicant must be considered a student in good standing (not on probation or suspension) at the school they attend; and
3. Scholarship awards cannot be deferred.
Method of Payment
The $1,500 scholarship award will be sent directly to the awardees post high school institution’s financial aid office. The award must be applied toward school expenses.
Payment will only be made upon completion of the following:
1. Letter from the student indicating date of enrollment and request for payment;
2. A copy of the acceptance letter from the institution that the awardee has chosen to attend.
Applications must be completed and returned to the scholarship committee by March 6, 2023. Incomplete applications will not be considered.