December Skills Clinics
The Rec League season starts with its skills clinics during the month of December. This year, we’ve revamped the December skills clinic format, so please read below for more information.
- Each player has been assigned to a Clinic Group, based on age & geography. Please note, these are NOT your roster assignments; these lists are for the December skills clinics ONLY. Team formation has begun, but rosters will not be posted for a few more weeks.
- First, find your Clinic Group assignment by checking the CLINIC GROUP LIST. Second, find your 3 scheduled Skills Clinics by checking the CLINIC SCHEDULE.
- In order to keep our clinic numbers fairly consistent, we encourage you to attend the clinics to which you have been assigned. However, if you are unable to attend an assigned clinic, you may attend a different clinic for the same age level.
- Coaches, please plan to help lead the clinic to which your child is assigned, and remember to bring pucks.
2nd Goalie Clinic Date Added
For all goalies & prospective goalies, we’ve added a 2nd goalie clinic date! See details below:
- Sat, Dec 1, 9:30am at Vadnais Sports Center #2 (for all 10/12U and beginner goalies from 14/16/18U)
- Sat, Dec 1, 10:40am at Vadnais Sports Center #2 (for experienced goalies from 14/16/18U)
- Sun, Dec 16, 1:45pm at Richfield Arena #2 (for all 10/12U and beginner goalies from 14/16/18U)
- Sun, Dec 16, 3:00pm at Richfield Arena #2 (for experienced goalies from 14/16/18U)
Goalies are encouraged to attend both of the appropriate clinics for their experience. To maximize our ice time, goalies are asked to arrive approximately 45 minutes early to allow for an equipment check and sizing guidance, as well as off-ice stretching. Some equipment will be available at the clinics, but the Rec League does not provide helmets or skates. Player helmets may be used with a plastic neck guard attached to the face mask. Important goalie skills such as stance, movement and positioning will be taught so prospective goalies are encouraged to attend even if we don’t have enough goalie equipment for everyone (If you don't have goalie equipment, please bring your player equipment, so you can still participate if we run out of equipment or don’t have your size). Coaches are also encouraged to attend to gain insights on goalie skill training, including practice drills and game warm-ups.