With the growing concern associated with the spread of the coronavirus (COVID19), Minnesota Hockey is making the following recommendations regarding this weekend’s State Tournaments:
- All banquets should be cancelled or modified so that close person-to-person contact is extremely limited
- All fans attending games should be immediate family members only, and should refrain from standing too close to other spectators
- All arenas should make the necessary adjustments to provide enough sanitizing products, and safe food-handling procedures at concession stands
- It is recommended that any player or spectator who has concerns about participation in these events stay home and take every possible step to be safe in these uncertain times
All games that are currently scheduled are on at this point. However, we will continue to monitor the recommendations from the Minnesota Department of Health and their updates on their Coronavirus page. In this rapidly changing situation, all participants should be prepared for the possibility that games may be cancelled at any time, up to, and including Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
Minnesota Hockey values the safety of our members above all else, and we also ask that everyone respect the recommendations to our players and participants that were provided earlier this week, including:
- Handshake lines before or after games should include fist bumps with gloves on. Coaches are also encouraged to refrain from shaking hands with other coaches and officials, and instead offer verbal congratulations and words of encouragement.
- Practice frequent and meticulous hand-washing with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and/or sneezing with a tissue or flexed elbow
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
- Quarantine anyone who is sick (players, coaches, parents, roommates)
- Ensure safe food sources; thoroughly cook meat and eggs
- Use individual water bottles; do not share them
- Towels should not be shared in any way