We are excited to begin the 2020 Rec League season this week and look forward to a fun, respectful and safe experience for everyone involved! To those who are new to the league, I want to welcome you into our Rec League family and wish you a wonderful season.
My son played five seasons in the Rec League and loved every minute of it. The only reason he's not in the league this year is he's playing club hockey in college. I truly hope everyone in the league experiences the kind of triumphs, friendships and lessons my son had during his time playing Rec League that have made him a life-long hockey player!
To ensure a safe, respectful and fun environment for all players, coaches, on- and off-ice officials, the Minnesota Hockey Rec League has instituted the following locker room and conduct policies:
- No Cell Phones in the Locker Room - Cell phones are not allowed in locker rooms; please plan ahead and do not bring your cell phone into the locker room.
- Appropriate Locker Room Attire Required - Players are required to wear appropriate athletic undergarments (shorts, leggings, shirts) at all times in the locker room. If a player arrives in the locker room without the appropriate undergarments, they will be required to change into the appropriate attire in the public rest room at the rink.
- No One is Allowed in the Locker Room Until a Coach or Manager Arrives - Players and parents are not allowed to enter the locker room until a Coach or Manager (registered with Rec League) is in the locker room.
- Code of Conduct - All Rec League players must acknowledge they will follow the Code of Conduct in order to play in Rec League and will be issued a helmet sticker. Accepting the helmet sticker constitutes acknowledgement and agreement to abide by the Code of Conduct and all Rec League rules, including a game ejection for those receiving three penalties in a single game and an automatic three-game suspension for all game misconduct penalties.
- Game Day Volunteers - The Home team for each game is requested to provide a minimum of two parent volunteers (preference is four) to perform the required off-ice official roles (scorebook, scoreboard, penalty box monitors); so we ask that parents volunteer to help out with these important roles.
For a complete list of Rec League rules, click here.
We wish all of you a Happy New Year and a fantastic season!!
Minnesota Hockey Rec League